Rajasthani Doodhiya kheech is famous all over the world. Its the dish made with wheat, milk and sugar. It tastes best when made on sigdi in degchi. But now most of the homes do not have sigdi, so here I am sharing its reipe in pressure cooker.
Its quite easy and very very delicious. But not for people who are diet concious coz its eaten with lots of ghee.. 😉
So, hurry up and follow the below recipe to make a delicious dessert : RAJASTHANI SPECIAL GEHUN KA DOODHIYA KHEECH..
RAJASTHANI SPECIAL GEHUN KA DOODHIYA KHEECH
- 1/2 cup whole wheat
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups full cream milk
- a few saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp. cardomom powder
- Few sliced almonds and pistachoes for garnishing
- Wash wheat 2-3 times and soak it in water overnight.
- Drain excess water andgrind the wheat to a coarse paste without adding water
- Pressure cook the wheat with a cup of milk and ½ cup of water till the wheat is cooked.
- Heat the remaining milk along with the sugar and saffron till it is reduced to half
- Now add the cooked wheat and cardomom powder to the reduced milk and mix well.
Kheech is ready. garnish with sliced almonds and pistachoes and serve hot with badiyo ki sabzi, fali ki sabzi, kadi and gulab (1 sweet semi liquid made with kheech).
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF DOODHIYA KHEECH ( per serving)
Calories : 389
- Fat : 12 g
- Carbohydrates : 45 g
- Protein : 8 g
TIPS WHILE MAKING DOODHIYA KHEECH
Keep on stirring the milk before and after addign wheat otherwise it would stick to the container.