Wada pav/ Vada pav is most common snacks in Mumbai , or acutally whole Maharashtra. Its like all time temptation. It is also known is “INDIAN BURGER”..
So now without wasting any time , lets quickly start with the recipe of MUMBAI SPECIAL VADA PAV
MUMBAI SPECIAL VADA PAV
FOR MAKING VADA :
2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
4 green chillies, chopped
3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
few curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)(1/2 tsp. for inner mixture and 1/2 tsp. for coating)
1 cup besan (gram flour)
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli powder
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
- 10 pav (unsweetened bread buns)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup dry lehsun chutney
- 1/2 cup mint chutney
- 8 fried green chillis coated with salt
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard and cumin seeds and curry leaves and let them temper.
- Now add green chillis and ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add mashed potatoes and turmeric powder and mix well and off the flame.
- Divide the mixture in 10 equal parts.
- Roll each part and press it lightly with the help of palm to form of a tikki
- For outer coating, mix rest of the ingredients for wada expet oil.
- Now heat oil in a pan, take tikki one by one, dip them into outer coating batter and deep frt till golden brown.
- Vada are ready.
HOW TO SERVE
Slice each pav into half. On lower portion apply dry lehsun chutney and few chopped onoins and on above portion apply green chutney.
- Now put vada between both parts and apply grated coconut on it.
- Serve hot with fried green chilli.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF WADA PAV (per piece)
Calories : 290
- Fat : 20 g
- Carbs : 25 g
- Protein : 5 g
TIPS WHILE MAKING VADA PAV
Chopped onoins are not the part of traditional vada pavs that are served in Mumbai. I ate it like this at one shop and I liked the taste so I included it. If you don’t like, you don’t have to include it in your recipe.
- Recipe of dry lehsun chutney and mint chutney is available in “chutneys” category.