Sabudana is one of the main ingredients of vrat dishes and it can fit in any flavour either sweet or spicy. I have already discussed 2 spicy recipes to “aaj kuch meetha ho jaye”..
Today I am going to discuss the recipe of SABUDANA KHEER / SAGO PUDDING
SABUDANA KHEER / SAGO PUDDING
- 1/3 cup sago(Sabudana)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cardomom powder
- 2 tsp. sliced pistachios
- 2 tsp. sliced almonds
- 8-10 raisins (soaked in water)
- 10-15 strands of saffron (soak half of them in milk)
- Few almonds and cashews for garnishing.
- Wash and soak the sabudana, in enough water to cover it, for about half an hour and then drain off excess water.
- Boil the milk in heavy bottom pan.
- After milk comes to boil add sabudana.
- Cook until sabudana is soft and has become translucent .
- Now add all the other ingredients, except cashews and almonds, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with unsoaked saffron strands, almonds and cashews.
- Kheer can be served chilled or warm.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF SABUDANA KHEER(per serving)
Calories : 233
- Fat : 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates : 46.1 g
- Protein : 4.1 g
TIPS WHILE MAKING SABUDANA KHEER
- Do not soak sabudana in water for too long, otherwise it will become too soft as well as sticky.
- You can add other friuts and dryfruits of your choice in it, to make it more healthy.