Sabudana is one of the main ingredients of vrat dishes and it can fit in any flavour either sweet or spicy. So I thought why not start with sabudana recipes only under vrat dishes.
So, here is the recipe of SABUDANA KHICHDI .
2 cups Sabudana(Sago)
1 cup boiled potato pieces
1/2 cup coursely ground roasted peanuts
- Few roasted whole peanuts
5-6 Green chillies,finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
Fresh coriander leaves,chopped
Lemon juice : to taste
Rock Salt : to taste
Soak the sabudana, in enough water to cover it, for about half an hour and then drain off excess water.
- Keep it covered for another 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute cumin seeds, chilli and whole peanuts.
- Then add potaoes and fry it for 2-3 mins.
- Mix rock salt, ground peanuts and lemon juice in sabudana and pour them in above pan.
- Sabudana Khichdi is ready.
- Granish with coriender leaves.
- Serve with curd.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF SABUDANA KHICHDI (per serving)
Calories : 176
- Fat : 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates : 31 g
- Protein : 1 g
TIPS WHILE MAKING SABUDANA KHICHDI
Do not soak sabudana in water for too long, otherwise it will become too soft as well as sticky.