Mango pickle or aam ka achar is one of the most important part of your food. Its flavour and taste needs no introduction. So lets quikly start with the recipe of MANGO PICKLE / AAM KA ACHAR / KAIRI KA ACHAR.
MANGO PICKLE / AAM KA ACHAR / KAIRI KA ACHAR
- 1 kg raw mangoes
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tbsps Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 3 tbsps kalonji (black seeds)
- 3 tbsp. yellow musturd seeds
- 5 tbsps red chilli powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Oil (needed as per required to soak the pickle comletely in oil, but not very much)
- Grate 1/2 kg raw mangoes and cut the rest in small pieces.
- Now mix all the ingredients ,except oil, in mangoes .
- Heat the oil till it smokes and pour this oil over the mangoes and mix well.
- Put the tightly covered jar back in the sun for two weeks. Stir everyday to mix well.
- Now pickle is ready to eat.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF MANGO PICKLE (per serving)
Calories : 22
- Fats : 9 g
- Carbohydrates : 3 g
- Protein : 0 g
TIPS WHILE MAKING MANGO PICKLE
I have grated the mangoes for more gravy in pickle, if you don’t like, you can cut in pieces only.
- Dry mangoes with a cloth before cutting or grating it, if water remains, pickle might catch fungus easily.
- Soak pickle in oil such that only oil is visible on upper layer of pickle. In lack of oil, pickle gets stale easily