Nimbu ka achar or lemon pickle is good for those who do not want oily pickle but yet spicy. This pickle is made without oil so its quite healthy.
Below is the recipe of LEMON PICKLE / NIMBU KA ACHAR
LEMON PICKLE / NIMBU KA ACHAR
- 1/2 kg thin skinned lemons.
- 4 tsp. salt tbsps Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 tsp. kalonji (black seeds)
- 3 tsp. fenugreek seeds(methi)
- 4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
Take the juice out of half of the lemons and keep aside and cut the rest in 4 pieces each. Do not thow the skin of lemons whose juice has been taken out, As they can also be put in pickle.
- Mix all the other ingredients in lemon and lemon juice.
- Put it in a jar and cover it with a soft cotton cloth
- Pickle will get ready in 3-4 days.
NUTRITITIONAL VALUE OF LEMON PICKLE
Calories : 22
- Fats : 9 g
- Carbohydrates : 3 g
- Protein : 0 g
TIPS WHILE MAKING MANGO PICKLE
Dry Lemons with a cloth before cutting , if water remains, pickle might catch fungus easily.