Pakora is very common and most liked snacks in India. Pakora and tea in rainy season is like all time favourite. We can make different variations of bhajiya using differnet vegetables. Most common are : aloo bhajiya, pyaz bhajiya, mirchi bhajiya, palak pakode etc.
Today I am sharing with you all a generic recipe, you can add different vegetables of your choice or whatever available with you and form different variations.
MIX VEG PAKORA / BHAJIYA
- 2 cup besan (gram flour)
- 3 tbsp. rice flour (suji)
- 4 cups chopped vegetables of your choice.
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. ajjwain
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala powder
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp. chopped mint (pudina)
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as needed to make perfect pakora mix
- Oil – to fry
- Mix all the dry ingredients (except oil and water) together.
- Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in oil. The batter should come up but not change color right away.
- Fry the pakoras in small batches. The pakoras will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the pakoras until both sides are golden-brown.
- Repeat this process. The crispy, delicious pakoras are ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh cilantro (Dhania) chutney, tomato ketchup or tamarind (imli) chutney
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF MIX VEG PAKORA(per serving)
Calories : 76
- Fat : 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3 g
- Protein : 2.5 g