Summer season has started and Kairi (Raw mangoes) are now available in markets so it is the best time to share the recipe of pickles. So first of all, I would like to start with the recipe of pickle that contains no oil and its very popular among kids. When I was a kid, I used to call it : MEETHA ACHAR
But people know it by the name : KAIRI PAAK
Here are few simple steps to make KAIRI PAAK
KAIRI PAAK ( MEETHA ACHAR)
2 raw mangoes (Kairi)
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water + water needed to boil kairi
- 3-4 cardomoms (powdered)
- Few strands saffron
Crush 1 and half kairi and chop 1/2 kairi into very small pieces and boil it until they become soft. It will take upto 5 mins.
- Take sugar and water in the pan and put it on flame until sugar dissolves and the syrup become slightly thin in comarision to normal sugar syrup.
- Then add boiled kairi to it and steam it for 5 mins.
- Put off the flame and add cardomom powder and saffron.
- Shift it into a bottle but do not cover it with cap it for 2 days. Cover it with muslin cloth.
- Have it after two days.
TIPS WHILE PREPARING KAIRI PAK
You can take more or less sugar according to the taste and sourness of kairi.