Sometimes we get bored of vegetables or we don’t find vegetables at home, so here I am sharing with you the recipe of gram flour paratha or besan paratha, which you can prepare at home anytime. It is very easy to make and very delicious and spicy :)…
GRAM FLOUR PARATHA or BESAN PARATHA
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- Oil as per needed
- Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon chilli powder
- 1/2 tea spoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ginger garlic green chilli paste (optional)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp. gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
- To prepare stuffing, mix gram flour, cumin seeds, chili powder, garam masala, ginger garlic chili paste, salt and mix well.
- Now add oil to it and make a fine paste, which can be spread.
- You can roast it too if you want to. I personally don’t roast it, because it get roasted while making paratha.
- Mix wheat flour, salt, gram flour and water and knead the floor tightly and wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now divide it in pieces and make its rounds.
- Now take one round at a time and roll it in 6 cm diameter circle.
- Take some prepared gram flour paste in spoon and spread it on this circle.
- Spread some chopped onions on that and then a pinch of dry wheat flour.
- Now fold it properly so that stuffing does not come out.
- Now roll it again to form a paratha.
- When it is done, put the paratha in pan, on high flame and wait until its golden roast.
- Now swap the paratha and repeat the same procedure.
- Now grease the paratha with oil on both side and roast it for 30 seconds on both sides.
- Besan Paratha is ready.
- Serve it with curd or chatni or ketchup.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (per paratha)
- Calories :82
- Fat : 3g
- Carbohydrates : 11g
- Fiber : 1g
- Protien : 3g
TIPS WHILE PREPARING BESAN PARATHA
- You can also add fresh (chopped) or dry (crushed) mint leaves to the stuffing to make it more delicious
- Do not mix chopped onions in the paste, else, paste won’t remain thick.