Gajar ka Halwa is among the most famous sweet dishes in India… Especially in winters, no other sweet dish can compete it as it is so delicious and easy to make…
So, today I am going to share with you all the recipe of ‘GAJAR KA HALWA’….
GAJAR KA HALWA
1 kg milk
- 3/4 kg grated carrots
- 1/4 kg sugar
- 4-5 cardomoms finely mashed
- 1 cup water
- 8-10 cashews and almonds finely chopped
- 4-5 kismish
- 3-4 pistachoes finely chopped and soaked in water
Boil milk 2-3 times so that it becomes thick
- Now add grated carrots in it and then water and stir them firmly for 5 minutes.
- Let them boil together, till carrots soak almost 98% of milk and water mixture.
- Stir after every 3-4 minutes, so that carrot do not stick to the bottom of the container.
- After milk is almost soaked, add sugar and mashed cardomoms and mix well.
- Now, garnish it with nuts and dryfruits and serve hot.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (per serving)
Calories : 345
- Fat : 8.7g
- Cholestrol : 19 mg
- Carbohydrates : 33g
- Protien : 7g
TIPS WHILE COOKING GAJAR HA HALWA
You can add any type of nuts for garnishing.
- Add cloves for extra flavour.
- Cook carrots well, else halwa will be raw.