Vegetable Raita is a dish prepared with yogurt and chopped vegetables.. It can be had alone or can be served with biryani, paratha, jeera rice etc. So, here I am, sharing with you all the recipe of VEGETABLE RAITHA..
For raita :
2 Cups Yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber (kheera)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp. crushed carrot
- 1 small green chilli (or half big chilli) (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered sugar
- Salt – to taste
For tadka (optional) :
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp musturd seeds (rai)
- a pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp. oil
If yogurt have water in it, then place it on muslin cloth and drain away extra water.
- Now place all the ingerdients of raita in it and mix well.
- To prepare tadka, heat oil in a very small non stick kadahi until little smoke coming out of the oil.
- Now put Asafoetida (hing) in oil, then cumin seeds and mustard seeds and mix well.
- At the end put red chilli powder in it andquickly pour that tadka in raita and close it for 5 minutes.
- Now mix the raita well and place it in fridge.
- Serve chilled with biryani, paratha etc.
NURTITIONAL VALUE (per serving) :
You can get nutritional value per serving from below link :
TIPS WHILE PREPARING VEGETABLE RAITA :
I have used some vegetables with you, but you can use other vegetables also of your choice and if you think that will taste well with Raita.