Today I am going to share with you all, the recipe of my personal favourite HALDI KI SABZI.
This is one of the traditional dish of Rajasthan and is prepared in winters..
RAJASTHANI SPECIAL HALDI KI SABZI
Whole Raw Turmeric (kacchi haldi)(looks like ginger) – 250 gms. (7-8)
Cauliflower – 1 small
Peas – 1 cup.
Green chilli – 1-2
Ginger – 1 medium piece
Curd – 2 cup
Ghee – 3/4 cup
Heeng – 2 pinch
Coriander powder(Dhaniya powder) – 1and ½ tea spoon.
Salt – According to the taste
Red chilli powder – ½ table spoon
Coriander leaves(Dhaniya) – 1 table spoon (chopped)
Cashews : few small pieces
- Wash the turmeric pieces, dry the water or wipe with a cloth, peel them and then grate them in a bowl.
- Peel and wash the ginger and cut into big pieces. Cut green chilli in big pieces. Grind both of them into the mixture.
- Cut cauliflower in small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add heeng to it, and now put the grated turmeric and cauliflower pieces to it and mix them on medium flame and roast them until haldi turns golden brown.constantly move the spoon so that it do not stuck to the pan. Then add salt to it. Put a cover on it and let it steam for 5-10 minutes. Now add peas to it and again steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt with the curd and whip it so that there is no lumps and mix them to above pan and fry till ghee starts forming upper layer in pan.
- Mix cashews in the recipe and garnish with coriander leaves and leave it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve it with hot tandoori roti or naan.
Tips while preparing haldi ki sabzi :
While preparing haldi ki sabzi, do not use water.. If sabzi seems to be thick, you can add milk instead of water.. It will serve 2 purpose :
- Good flavour of vegetable.
- Sabzi could be preserved for 3-4 days in refrigerator.
Hope you liked the recipe and will try at your home as well…