I am Neharika.. Here to share my recepies with you all. You can read more about me on ‘About’ page.
Since its my first blog and there is a tradition in India that we start something new with sweet. So, here I am, sharing with you the recipe of “Besan Laddu”..
Recipe will make approximately 4-5 ladoos.
- 2 cups gram flour (besan)
- 1 table spoon clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 table spoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds (badam)
- a pinch of coarsely grounded cardamom seeds (ilaichi)
- 1 tablespoons sliced pistachios (pista)
- 7-8 strands of saffron (kesar) (soak 3-4 of them in water for sometime)
- 1 eatable silver foil for sweets (Vark)
- Put the basen and ghee in a large frying pan and mix.
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and begin to roast the basen mixture until basen becomes light golden brown in color. Stir the mixture continuously with a spatula to prevent burning. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Now the basen cool for 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is warm add and mix cardamom seeds, almonds, and sugar.
- To make the ladoos, spread some ghee on your palms so that mixture do not stick to palm.
- Now take about 1 tablespoons of warm basen mixture into your palm. Gently press the mixture between your palms to form a smooth, round ball.
- When you have finished making all of the ladoos, take one ladoo at a time .Put 1/5 part of silver coil(Vark) on that and spray some water, in which saffron was soaked on that, and then lightly touch the part of the ladoo into the sliced pistachios just enough so some pistachios stick to the ladoo. Now place a strand of saffron on the laddu.
- Leave the ladoos on a plate to cool to room temperature before putting into a covered container. The ladoos can be stored in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks.
Nutritional Value per serving :
- Calorie : 173
- Fat : 9.61 g
- Carbohydrates : 20.1 g
- Protien : 2.83 g
Some tips while preparing and preserving laddus :
- When the almond is added to the besan-ghee, the mixture may become thick. You may be tempted to add more ghee. But, after shaping and cooling the balls, it may flatten and make one big lump.
Accidentally, if you add more ghee and end up having a gooey mixture. Don’t panic. Grease a square pan and pour the mixture into the pan. Stick it into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. This will harden the mixture. Run a knife to cut squares, there you have badam besan burfis.
- Besan ke laddoo can be preserved for a 2-3 weeks, if kept in air containers as these do not have any trace of water.
Hope you liked this recipe and try it at your home as well.